|Midway through Stage 2 (end of Year 3)||End of Stage 2 (end of Year 4)|
|Grade D||Tai Drew Shannon||Haley|
Foundation Statement strands
The following strands are covered in this activity:
Description of activity
Students complete a worksheet on 2D shapes. They identify the shapes and describe their features.
- Students draw three different shapes that each have four sides.
- They include one irregular shape in their three shapes.
- Students identify the shapes and compare their features.
worksheet, pencil, ruler
Students have identified 2D shapes including pentagons, octagons and parallelograms, and have described their features. They have discussed sides, angles and lines of symmetry.
Two-dimensional Space (SGS2.2a)
Manipulates, compares, sketches and names two-dimensional shapes and describes their features.
Uses appropriate terminology to describe, and symbols to represent, mathematical ideas.
Criteria for assessing learning
Students will be assessed on their ability to:
- identify 2D shapes
- describe the features of 2D shapes
- communicate ideas using mathematical terminology and/or diagrams.